Dr. Susan A Sgambati Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Susan A Sgambati?

Wow!

Dr. Susan Sgambati is terrific. She is so skilled and knowledgeable. You are in the best of hands in her care.

Dr.Sgambati is the best !

the doctors bedside manner is exemplary .... I have had two colonoscopy's with her and both went well... The nurses she chose to assist her were competent and friendly. I decided not to have any sedation so I could drive myself home after the procedure. Dr.Sgambati and her support staff talked me through the procedure and helped me to stick to my decision not to be sedated... I recommend her whenever I have the opportunity.

NOT!

I had read previous reviews about her poor bedside manner, but I thought "I care more about experience and that I have a woman surgeon than bedside manner". Poor decision! Not only will you get the "wham bam thank you maam" experience, her staff, post op acted like I was a bother and was reluctant for me to see her earlier than my 3 wk post op visit. While I don't doubt she did a good job on my hemmoroidectomy, it turns out I am not healing properly and I have had extensive pain and problems. At first post op visit, which I call my anal rap* experience, her last words were "I'm just going to look" before jamming a finger inside my very tender insides. I have never felt such pain in my life, and as I was trying to hold back sobs and gasping, she proceeds to give me verbal instructions, then saying "are you listening to me ?" A single minute or two to catch my breath and come back to earth after earth shattering pain is not too much to ask, is it? I have returned after that appt, where it was slightly better, but I'm now looking elsewhere for further post op care.

I do NOT Recommend Dr. Sgambati

I would never recommend Dr. Sgambati to my friends or family. After "listening" to my issues for all of 5 minutes, she suggested surgery. I was able to schedule surgery just 2 business days after Dr. Sgambati told me I needed it. She also told me it was not an invasive surgery -- wasn't until I spoke to the receptionist to book the surgery that she told me I needed to take at least a week off of work.I was in the ER 3 days after my surgery. I followed everything the doctor told me I needed to be doing.After check-ups with the doctor, the surgery did not take. I find out later that I should have never had the surgery.My Overall Impression: Dr. Sgambati is a nice person, but I feel that she is a surgeon only for the money and not to help improve people's quality of life. I would NEVER recommend her to my friends or family.

Terrible experience

Rushed, unempathic,terrible bedside manner. Would never go to her again. Complications after colonoscopy

Worst dr. I've ever seen-would NEVER go back to her.

Worst dr. I've ever seen. Would never go back Rude, no bedside manner. Totally unempathic. Made a huge mistake with me with a colonoscopy. Ended up having to have surgery as a result of her negligence. And I am also a physician.

I was extremely reluctant to have a colonoscopy, and every part of the experience was made easy and clear for me by Dr. Sgambati.

Professional and caring

I would highly recommend Dr. Sgambati. She took me as a patient after a surgery from another Dr. had complications. She quickly diagnosed my problem. After many months of pain and concern she put me at ease and I felt very comfortable in her care. I will continue using Dr. Sgambati's services and my husband will be going to her in the future as well.

Billing

I would just recommend to people to check with your insurance or with the office before getting ANYTHING done. Other doctors may work with you and bill the insurance properly - this office will not after the charges are put through so get it right the first time or else... pay the $ consequences!