Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Susan G Smolen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Due to office visit wait time, my current work situation, and geographical distance from my previous primary doctor, I switched to Dr. Smolen. I am a relatively new patient (about 4 visits) and I have been very impressed with Dr. Smolen. I have a complex medical history. Dr. Smolen is highly intelligent and has 'guided' me towards believing my doctor's advice more and has worked diligently to answer all of my questions. I trust her and admire her and hope I have found a permanent primary doctor!
Dr. Smolen conducted my annual physical. Was on period that day so Dr. Smolen initiated the physical, waited to the end to inform me that because I was on my period ""I had to come back to complete the physical" with a pap smear..and charged me an office visit - despite the fact the the physical and tests are 100% covered by the ins company. Dr. Smolen nor her staff ever informed me that if I were on my period to call to reschedueld the appointment to avoid the additional costs (unlike thier practice to advise patients to fast before giving blood). When I objected Dr. Smolen responded with flimsy excuese including that she can't be responsible for understaning every ins. contract - which is very weak considering that it's federal law to have annual physicals covered 100%. By failing to properly advise that the phyical couldn't be done completely if I'm on my period, she segmented the phyical to gain an extra fee.
I can't believe anyone who has actually had a visit with Dr. Smolen could write anything negative. She's the doctor of the future. Sure, she's not quick to write prescriptions, but that's a bonus in my book. She has a bit more of a natural approach. When you understand what prescription drugs to do your system over a period time, you'll realize that the doctors that only write scripts that are absolutely necessary, are interested in your long term health. A doctor who sticks with their principles and medical philosophies instead of kissing up to the drug companies that practically run this country, is a huge plus for me. I was also impressed by the fact that Dr. Smolen writes down almost everything you tell her, on an ipad. I felt like no doctor had ever asked more questions, or listened more to me, except maybe my gyn back in Ft. Lauderdale. If you can get an appointment with this Doctor, you're very fortunate.
Dr. Smolen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Florida Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Susan G Smolen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsBlock Nation Chase And Smolen Family Practice, 2441 W State Road 426 Ste 2011, Oviedo, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Susan G Smolen in this video.
Dr. Susan G Smolen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oviedo, FL.