Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Susan M Vogel
Dr. Susan M Vogel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. She has 31 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Vogel is affiliated with Memorial Hermann Continuing Care Hospital and Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center. Dr. Vogel has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Susan M Vogel has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Susan M Vogel has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Susan M Vogel has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 17
When I met Dr. Vogel I had a choice between 2 doctors in her office. I saw both and decided I needed a "take charge" doctor, which Dr. Vogel is. The other doctor's beside manner was very sweet and attentive, but the no-nonsense persona that Dr. Vogel displayed told me I would trust her judgement and her ability to keep me healthy and out of trouble. I have not regretted making that choice.
I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (Hypothyroidism) and have had trouble with ALL of the endos that have been recommended to me over the years. They all kept upping my Synthroid and I just kept feeling more miserable. Someone recommended Dr. Vogel and I thought I'd give it a shot. She immediately said, "I think you're on too much Synthroid" and lowered my dosage, along with granting my request to start T3 (Cytomel) therapy. I feel better NOW than I even have with the endos who seem to be slaves to Abbott Pharmaceuticals. Ridiculous! Here we are, 8 years after my diagnosis and I'm closer to normal numbers than ever.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Vogel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Susan M Vogel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTondera Chiropractic, 1201 N Dairy Ashford Rd Ste 118, Houston, TX
Dr. Susan M Vogel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.