Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Susan W Jaffe has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Susan W Jaffe has the following 11 expertise
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Breast Exam
Dr. Susan W Jaffe has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Susan W Jaffe is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I have had too many bad experiences with Dr. Jaffe, and am extremely relieved to find a new Ob/Gyn. For one, be prepared to wait for a LONG time, unless you are lucky enough to schedule the first appointment in the day - even then the wait could take up to 45 minutes.I completed several Pap Smear exams with her (follow ups) - not pleasant whatsoever. She is the only physician who has made me BLEED excessively during this exam. When I asked about birth control pills, she immediately referred me to Loestrin 24 Fe - without presenting other options or considering my interests (they do not offer generic brands). When I noticed that I did not have a regular period, it took me 2 weeks and 4 phone calls to finally reach her. She prescribed another brand, again, without providing options. Very discouraging.What finally put me over the edge is that she tested me for STDs when I *personally* requested she should not do so - I had completed the same labs weeks ago, and tested negative. There was no reason for her to retest me for chlamydia, etc. since I had been with the same partner, other than to earn more money from my insurance company. She has shown no respect for me as a patient, and I am extremely disappointed with her approach and services.
41 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1977
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. Susan W Jaffe accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPhysician Associates, 6000 Executive Blvd Ste 300, Rockville, MD
Dr. Susan W Jaffe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rockville, MD.