Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Susan Wheatley
Dr. Susan Wheatley, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Roswell, GA. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Wheatley is affiliated with Northside Hospital, Northside Forsyth Hospital and North Fulton Hospital. Dr. Wheatley has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Susan Wheatley has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Susan Wheatley has the following 6 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
Dr. Susan Wheatley has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Susan Wheatley is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
Dr.Wheatley in one of my visits gave me a Gardisil shot ( the one for cervical cancer) You are suppose to get three total . Not once as a very young lady did she explain to me the dangers of this shot. Well I decided not to get the other two. Too much of a risk. I accidently missed an appointment, and the next thing I knew she sent me a termination letter. When I called her staff , her staff the receptionist was very RUDE. Beyond rude. They were unprofessional and hateful- not wanting to talk to me at all. I was baffled. We had shared a great patient/ Dr. relationship. It is almost like she was bipolar and so was her receptionist. Needless to say this was a few years back. thought it may be worth mentioning. I have heard that she has done this to other patients when they had their own opinions about something and did not agree with her.
I've been going to Dr. Wheatly for over19 years. She is one of the best doctors I have ever been to. She has seen me through breast cancer and was always kind and supportive and there for me. She always listens and is willing to try whatever you are comfortable with and even take suggestions from you. I have found her staff always very kind and supportive also. An office visit with her is like catching up with an old friend. I have recommended her to all of my friends through the years and they have the same opinion.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Wheatley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Northside Forsyth Hospital
North Fulton Hospital
Northside Hospital Atlanta, Northside Hospital Forsyth
26 Years Experience
Medical College of Georgia
Graduated in 1987
Atlanta Medical Center
Dr. Susan Wheatley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
Locations & Directions1250 Upper Hembree Rd, Roswell, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Susan Wheatley in this video.
Dr. Susan Wheatley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Roswell, GA.