Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Susana M Sixto-Rodriguez
Dr. Susana M Sixto-Rodriguez, DO is a Doctor primarily located in West Miami, FL. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Sixto-Rodriguez is affiliated with Nicklaus Childrens Hospital. Dr. Sixto-Rodriguez has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Susana M Sixto-Rodriguez has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 28
I've been on hold for 30 minutes, hung up on 4 times, and have been waiting 3 weeks for them to do their job-which by calling my insurance find out they have been waiting for them to get back to. This is unacceptable to wait this long for an answer. It's better to go directly into their office and do their job for them because you will get no answer or response over the phone, and will be waiting for years!!! VERY UNHAPPY with the front desk-Not the doctor. She needs better front desk.
It was pretty easy getting an appt.I had to wait over 1 hour to be seen, which sucked because I was fastingOnly Dr. I have ever been to where they make you schedule ANOTHER appt to talk about simple lab results. Every other Dr. I've dealth with verifies your info and tells you your cholesterol levels over the phone.The manager pretended she wasn't there when I asked to speak with her. when I threatened to report them to HIPPA for a certain violation, she came out immediately and said she had just come back from lunch.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2010, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2010, 2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Sixto-Rodriguez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Nova Southeastern University
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Susana M Sixto-Rodriguez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRodriguez & Sixto Medical Associates, 1100 SW 57th Ave Ste 101, West Miami, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Susana M Sixto-Rodriguez in this video.
Dr. Susana M Sixto-Rodriguez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Miami, FL.