- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Susanna Chyu has the following 3 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Susanna Chyu has the following 11 expertise
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
18 Years Experience
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Susanna Chyu Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Susanna Chyu
The approach I take with my patients is patient-centered. I have a warm, empathic manner with many of my patients which is usually also sprinkled with lighthearted humor when appropriate. The goal that my patients and I usually establish together is to have each person attain the highest level of functioning possible in all spheres of their life along with feeling the best that they can feel emotionally, psychologically and physically. This important journey that we undertake together will often call for the use of a combination of diagnostic and treatment modalities including the work-up/treatment/ and follow-up of acute/chronic medical issues, psychotherapy, medication (at lowest doses possible while achieving maximum beneficial effect), exercise as well as many other avenues of treatment while keeping in mind always --safety and tolerance. The rapid evolution of the amount of information being amassed regarding the mind-body connection makes this an incredibly exciting time to help patients whose pain is not always as plainly visible as others