Have you seen Dr. Susanne L Ramos?

Poor Experience

Simple protocols (post csection with Dr. Ramos) were not followed for my daughter which caused lifelong consequences. In addition, she has had to deal with pelvic adhesions post csection and a uterine scar defect in her uterus which she is going to get fixed shortly with another specialist. The reason I write this review is that yesterday my daughter requested medical records and her staff continues to be unfriendly and rude. In fact, one hung up on her yesterday. This is not the way to treat anyone, especially a patient who has (for the past two years) had to deal with multiple issues from her csection with Dr. Ramos. I would suggest that if they even acknowledge this review, they call and apologize to my daughter beforehand.

Unfriendly

Extremely unfriendly staff

Awful Experience

Would not recommend this Doctor as I had a horrible experience, but in addition, I have also heard from fellow colleagues at her residency negative feedback. Staff not very friendly nor helpful.

Very unhappy with interacting with Dr. Ramos

I got transferred emitted from the ER to the Hospital and Dr. Ramos came in to see me. She was very rude and unpleasant. She made me feel like I was incomptent when I was describing my pain. She didnt want to deal with anything. She started to unhook all of my iv's stating you dont need any of these. The hospital just gives you this because they have it. I feel like she was refusing to see and help me. I am in unberable pain and felt completely helpless.

Her staff is amazing, however she is just not the person you want to deliver your first child. She is not warm, she makes you feel stupid every time you ask questions, she doesn't offer any pictures of your baby...I would prefer any of her nurse assistants anytime over her. She might be knowledgeable, but that's all. If this is your first child, you should probably not pick her.

Be very cautious of this doctor

I've have been told that she is an excellent physician when it comes to delivering babies. But when it comes to your overall female health, please, do your research and get second and even third opinions before you let this doctor give you a procedure that will change the rest of your life. She will tell you what you think you need to hear, and seems very caring, but after the procedure and she was paid, she was of little help with the support I would need for many years after. Did she just not know the long term implications of such a drastic procedure that she seemed to down play, or did she just not care? Regardless, she never explained the long term effects that this procedure would have, or what to expect later in life. Please, do your research and get opinions from other doctors. Don't let her cozy bed side manner fool you. And I will add, there were several occasions I waited in the waiting room for over an hour....but that's the least of my concerns now.

It seems that this practice is more focused on quantity rather than quality. For someone interested in a doctor who is receptive to questions particularly during pregnancy and good with following up, I would suggest you look for another doctor.

Re-think your experience

Re-think your experiences if you aren't having a baby! Bad gynecologist. Great for OB but look elsewhere if you're having any other problems! Bad experience with office staff too :(

Failed to measure up in an emergency.

PCOS patient

Both times I went for a scheduled appointment with Dr. Ramos, I came in to be told that the appointment had been pushed back and they were not able to contact me or that they had no record of me scheduling an appointment. I do schedule early morning appointments so perhaps this is the problem. But if you do go see Dr. Ramos, I would recommend calling a couple days before to confirm yourself, based on my own experience.My initial appointment with Dr. Ramos was excellent; I had been diagnosed with PCOS and she spent a lot of time with me making a plan of attack for managing the disease. She then initiated scheduling a followup appointment for 3 months later. I was disappointed to miss work and show up and have no record of my appointment in the schedule. The receptionist insinuated that I was wrong/lying about a scheduled appointment, but I had an appointment card filled out and everything. I ended up waiting for Dr. Ramos and she seemed to have no recollection of my first appointment and the few concerns I had were dismissed. I am young so perhaps this could be a reason for the dismissal, but I felt like there were major communication issues. I walked out feeling like a stupid and naive hypochondriac. I have heard very good things about Dr. Ramos as an obstetrician and my first appointment with her as a gynecologist was very encouraging. However, the experience as a whole left a lot to be desired.

Wonderful doctor!

Great doctor ever

I have had 4 different OBGYN's in the past 15 years and she so far has been the best. She is caring and has a bedside manner never seen in a doc before! I recommend her to everyone. Just wish I knew about her when I had my kids!

Dr. Susanne L Ramos is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Santa Barbara, CA.