Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sushmitha Gandra
Dr. Sushmitha Gandra, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Langhorne, PA. She has 13 years of experience. Her specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Gandra is affiliated with St. Mary Medical Center - Langhorne, Frankford Hospital and Temple Lower Bucks Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Sushmitha Gandra has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Gandra is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. Mary Medical Center - Langhorne
Temple Lower Bucks Hospital
Frankford Hospital - Bucks County Campus
Aria Health - Torresdale Campus
13 Years Experience
Kakatiya Medical College
Graduated in 2000
Lankenau Medical Center
Dr. Sushmitha Gandra accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNephrology & Hypertension Associates, 240 Middletown Blvd, Langhorne, PA
Dr. Sushmitha Gandra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Langhorne, PA.