Is Dr. Susie S Chung the right Doctor for you?
Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Susie S Chung MD
Dr. Susie S Chung, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with another office in New York, NY. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Susie S Chung has 2 locations
PO Box 1418
New York, NY 10013
Book Online Now
Dr. Susie S Chung has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Susie S Chung has the following 12 expertise
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Susie S Chung - Posted on August 23rd, 2012
I'm sure the doctor is great but her receptionist is terrible. Receptionist gave me the "first" appointment of the day at the Centre St. location. I show up 10 minutes before my appointment and was told that it would be longer than a 30 minutes wait because were people in front of me. I asked if I could reschedule because I was on a tight schedule and she did not seem too sure about the 30 minutes. I asked again for the first appointment of the day and she gave me the same noon time. Now I'm concered that if I make that appointment would I have to wait at least 30 minutes when I show up to the "first" appiontment of the day. She rudely replied "you will alaway wait at the doctors office". My wife has been going to this doctor for about a year now and will no longer and I won't be going back for shore.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Susie S Chung - Posted on September 16th, 2011
i've been dealing with insurance for the past 3 months for my claims. it all went bad because her staff bills/codes the visits to her LAB all using wrong codes so then your insurance will bill you massive deductible amounts. useless!!!!! def not coming back to see her again!! her office staff are pretty bad at what they do because they didnt fix my problem. i'm getting the runaround calling all 3 places and they each tell me to call the other to fix the problems.
22 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1996
New York University
Dr. Susie S Chung Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Susie S Chung is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.