Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Suzanna N Schaffer has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Preventive Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
Showing 5 of 7
I started seeing Dr.Schaefer as my principal physician when she was pretty fresh out of medical school, maybe in the late 70s. Very soon she correctly diagnosed a condition I had been suffering with since I was a teenager & had reported repeatedly to a a couple of trusted & experienced physicians. I had been dealing with gall bladder stones & everyone else said it was stomach upset.In another illustration of her thoroughness and perceptiveness, she referreed me to a specialist for an enlarged thyroid. The specicalist said it was indeed slightly enlarged, and that my internest was very perceptive, since it would have escaped notice by most doctors.Later, as a genetic neuro-muscular condition began to surface, she was the only doctor who told me that, while muscle pain is a common side effect of taking statins, statins can also be a trigger for the even more serious genetic condition. She referred me to a specialist for testing and indeed her concern was well-founded. I could have gone on for several years without the proper diagnosis of this life-changing, progressive condition.More than once, she has explained to me the side-effects of a prescription from a specialist. Due to changes in my insurance, all the doctors I see except Dr. Schaefer are with a different hospital. Yet she keeps up with their notes on my care & contributes info as needed because I have given her access to my online records at the other hospital.Less momentous, but still an indicator of Dr. Suzanne (not Suzanna) Schaefer's care for her patients -- I went to the emergency room after fender bender and was found to be OK. Nonetheless, she learned of my stop and called me at work that very day to see if I was really feeling OK. I trust this woman!
Dr. Schaffer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Suzanna N Schaffer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRockside Internal Medicine, 22750 Rockside Rd Ste 301, Bedford, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Suzanna N Schaffer in this video.
Dr. Suzanna N Schaffer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bedford, OH.