Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Suzanne M Guynes has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Suzanne M Guynes has the following 14 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Mood Disorders
Dr. Suzanne M Guynes has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 12
I deal w/Dr. Guynes and her staff on a consistent basis for my job. Each and every time, I have been given prompt and courteous return calls, and all of my questions are answered. When they are unable to, they find an answer for me. Dr. Guynes and staff go over and beyond when it comes to their patients. Most recently, I worked closely w/her receptionist to help out an individual who could not afford her medication. W/Michelle's help, we were able to get this person approved for assistance thru the manufacturer and arranged for it to be delivered to their office. I have worked w/other physician's staff and their reply: the individual needs to submit the paperwork and follow up on it. Not our problem. I am highly impressed and know that this psychiatrist and her staff, know their job, and are a great asset to this community. I appreciate all your help and hope to continue our relationship.
Dr. Guynes is an OUTSTANDING doctor, I highly recommend her. I'm quite picky when it comes to selecting my doctors, however it took only one visit to know I was comfortable with her professionalism and demeanor, and would continue using her . She LISTENS and shows genuine concern making me feel very comfortable. Her staff is very courteous and professional, appointments are quick and easy to make, and there is ample parking for office visits. One other thing I like is there's a pharmacy right across the street.
I was treated by Dr. Guynes while in a nursing home facility and for the first time in my life, I am stable with my anxiety due to her and able to have a happy successful life. I am extremely grateful for the time, compassion, and education she provided me. My whole family is grateful to Dr. Guynes because of her outstanding care that she provided to me and for the opportunity for me to have a bright future.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
28 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1990
Timberlawn Psych Hospital
Dr. Suzanne M Guynes accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsSuzanne M Guynes Md Pa, 115 E Lee Ave, Weatherford, TX
Dr. Suzanne M Guynes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Weatherford, TX.