Dr. Suzanne Icely Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Suzanne Icely?

I've been a patient since 1995

Posted on October 25th, 2016

This practice has been in OUR neighborhood forever! My original Dr. (Dr. Carlson) retired a few years ago. I was his patient for over 20 years. He delivered my only child by a planned C-Section in '99 (I was 39). He ordered a sonagram in week #35 to make sure all was well since I had Gestational Diabetes. The test determined that she would get stuck if I had her naturally. She was going to be a big baby and I was a small framed mom. My husband and I were very impressed that he was so smart n had the baby's best interest in mind - to order that test even though he knew I was so excited to finally experience child birth. When he rcvd the results, he advised me/us that if she did get stuck in my pelvis area, they would have to break her clavical (shoulder) and might have permanent nerve damage in her arm....Natural child birth vs. going in (at wk #38) was a no-brainer. She was a perfect 9.8lbs. 22" beautiful baby girl. After she came out he said "just put sneakers on this girl, she's so big she can walk to the nursery by herself" 😂 BEST day of my life! I look back and I don't think a different Dr./Practice would have given me that test and I don't even want to think about how that life might have been for her. I've seen a few kids at places like the mall, etc.... and have noticed that they have a "lazy arm" that doesn't move properly n they hold it across their stomach as they walk. I feel so sorry for them because their mom didn't have a great Dr. like I did n their life now reflects that ramification. So, when I called for my yearly checkup last year, I was informed that he had retired n I would be assigned to another Dr... I didn't even hesitate to make the appt., I never researched her past or read her bio, nothing. All I did was showed up because I knew that if she was a part of OB/GYN & Assoc. she knew her "stuff". I have been with Dr. Icley now for 2 years and she's wonderful! She's very smart and knowledgeable, a lovely conversationalist, answers all my questions/concerns n treats me in the most professional way. My file is atleast 2"~3" by now; there are Nurses, Techs n other staffers that have been there before I was first seen....that says SOOOO much about their great work environment n company policies for all those people to still be there. I've recently moved to New Port Richey but I would never look for a different Practice closer. I will be their patient forever n since my daughter is almost 18 now, she will (eventually/sooner than later) need to start getting a yearly checkup as well....and trust me.... she'll be seen by Dr. Icely as well n then we'll be travelling down from New Port Richey as a team to do so. Seriously... I could be a commercial for them lol....they're just such a fantastic TEAM. I hope this review has helped you decide to move forward and become a patient of theirs as well. Thank you for reading this :) ....ps....I just scrolled down on this screen n see there are rating questions below which I didn't know were there before I wrote my review....obviously, in my opinion, they're a 5 STAR company across the board!!!! I am so grateful n blessed to have these Doctors and Practice in my/our corner!!!!

Posted on September 20th, 2014

Dr. Icely is the best Dr I have ever had!! Made me feel really comfortable with all my appointments and during my delivery as well. Wouldn't go anywhere else!

Not sure

Posted on August 7th, 2009

Dr. Icely delivered my baby and I had several complications. I feel that the practice let me down by not reviewing my file enough and making sure that things would be ok. I feel like they made a mistake during surgery but would never admit it. Not sure if I would reccommend them.

Posted on May 16th, 2017