Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Suzanne Louise L Bender has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
We have been very pleased with our experience with Dr Bender. She was able to make a diagnosis for our son's complicated presentation where many other professionals had failed. Our son, my husband and I all feel very comfortable with her balance of interpersonal and professional communication skills. She really sees our son as well as his challenges. And she explains the various details of diagnosis, from possible treatment options, to diet changes and medications. Her aid was invaluable in traversing the treatment program process as well. She continues to be a vital force in my son's treatment. We live 6hrs away so frequent visits are difficult. She works with us via telephone and email and consults with our son's psych here quite willingly. She has not charged us for these long distance consults either. I can't think of another psychiatrist who would do that. She has also followed up with us whenever necessary even contacting us when we missed an email deadline. In conclusion, we're very happy with her services and plan on using them into the forseeable future.
Dr. Bender is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Suzanne Louise L Bender accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMassachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA
Dr. Suzanne Louise L Bender is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.