Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Suzanne M Schafer
Dr. Suzanne M Schafer, DO is a Doctor primarily located in League City, TX, with another office in Dickinson, TX. She has 33 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Schafer is affiliated with Houston Methodist St John Hospital and Mainland Medical Center. Dr. Schafer has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Suzanne M Schafer has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 14
I just had my first appointment with her. The front desk staff and Medical Assistant were very nice and professional. I only waited 15 minutes to be seen by the MA, and only about another 5-10 for Dr. Schafer to come in. Dr. Schafer could not have been better! Great bedside manner, very thorough exam, and a very good sense of humor to put me at ease. I can honestly say it's the best doctor visit I have had. I am glad I selected her and expect to keep her as my doctor for a very long time.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2013, 2008, 2012, 2009, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2012, 2015, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Schafer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Suzanne M Schafer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Suzanne M Schafer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near League City, TX.