Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Swapna Hingwe has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Swapna Hingwe has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Swapna Hingwe is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I have been seeing Dr Hingwe for almost a year now and I think she is a great doctor. I believe that she really cares about her patients and I feel like she listens to me and takes my concerns seriously. I also feel that she really tries to work with you is quite flexible and allows you to be a part of the decision making process. She is very easy to talk to and friendly I will say that I am not thrilled with her staff. Not only are they rude and condescending, but they create an impenetrable barrier between the physicians and the patients . I was really turned off by the demeaning manner in which they speak to patients. I constantly feel as if I am being chastised .
I have seen various doctors in the past, but for some reason Dr. Hingwe kept passing some really bad gas during our visit. I almost died. She is an attractive doctor but it there was an immediate sense that she was faking how much she cared for me. It is easy to tell she is one of those doctors story telling your problems away with colleagues at Happy Hour. She did seem itelligent though.
Dr. Hingwe is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions463 E Circle Dr, East Lansing, MI
Dr. Swapna Hingwe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Lansing, MI.