Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Swaran Batra
Dr. Swaran Batra, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Lubbock, TX, with other offices in Lubbock, TX and Abilene, TX . She has 34 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Batra is affiliated with Covenant Hospital Levelland, Southwest Regional Medical Complex and Covenant Children's Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Swaran Batra has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I went in on a weekend for an infected insect bite and got roundly chewed out and lectured about how I might be pre diabetic (which I'm not). She was brusque, rude generally awful. Had I been there for a cough/cold and not something that really needed treatment I would've walked out on her. If I could give 0 stars for bedside manner I would.
Dr. BATRA WAS MY DR. FOR SEVERAL YEARS. SHE HAS KNOWN TO BE RUDE AND DISMISSIVE AT TIMES. THE LAST TIME I VISITED HER SHE CUT ME OFF WHILE I WAS EXPLAINING MY SYMTOMS. I left feeling defeated. Dr. Batra missed a major diagnosis that made me suffer for months. If she is Burned out , she should retire.
I have changed to Dr Batra and am impressed with her knowledge and accuracy in diagnosing. Having worked with physicians for many years, I find her ability to listen and assess situations quickly. She takes the time to really listen and follows up when there is a serious situation. So glad I changed to her!
Dr. Batra is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Covenant Hospital Levelland
Southwest Regional Medical Complex
Covenant Children's Hospital
Covenant Hospital Plainview
Covenant Medical Center
Covenant Healthcare System
34 Years Experience
Dayanand Medical College
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Swaran Batra accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Swaran Batra in this video.
Dr. Swaran Batra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lubbock, TX.