Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Swarna Kamble
Dr. Swarna Kamble, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sugar Land, TX. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kamble is affiliated with CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Swarna Kamble has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Swarna Kamble has the following 12 expertise
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
Dr. Swarna Kamble has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 5
I went in to get a thyroid study done. It took nearly two weeks and 3 calls to the office to finally get my results. No one seemed to have any urgency when I called despite some of the results being abnormal (that's all the nurses would tell me). Finally, the doctor ordered an ultrasound and discovered my thyroid was enlarged. Now all of a sudden I wasn't that annoying patient.. I actually had a problem! The doctor was slightly more helpful after the ultrasound but I still had to bring a lot of questions to the table most of which were answered hurriedly and still left me confused. When I sent a few more questions after the visit I was told to get in contact with my primary care physician. Overall, very unhelpful and dissatisfied. Will be seeking another endocrinologist.
Dr. Kamble is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Government Medical College
Graduated in 1989
University Of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Dr. Swarna Kamble accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsKelsey Seybold Clinic, 11555 University Blvd, Sugar Land, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Swarna Kamble, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Sugar Land, TX, in this video.
Dr. Swarna Kamble is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sugar Land, TX.