Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sydney Z Spiesel has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Birth Control
Showing 5 of 30
Dr. Syd spends time with my child and talking to me about any concerns with her health. My daughter feels comfortable speaking to him about how she feels. He has been her pediatrician since her birth. As a teen, she refuses to go to anyone else. He is knowledgeable, up to date on both care and prevention as well as having many years of experience.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2010, 2015, 2011, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2013, 2014, 2011, 2012, 2010, 2016, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2015, 2014)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Sydney Z Spiesel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSydney Z Spiesel Phd Md Llc, 8 Lunar Dr, Woodbridge, CT
Dr. Sydney Z Spiesel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Woodbridge, CT.