Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Syed A Abbas has the following 1 specialty
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.<br>A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Syed A Abbas has the following 5 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
Showing 5 of 17
Self-verified patient of Dr. Syed A Abbas - Posted on September 3rd, 2016
Gets on your butt about being compliant and controlling weight.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Syed A Abbas - Posted on May 14th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Syed A Abbas - Posted on February 4th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Syed A Abbas - Posted on February 4th, 2013
Dr Abbas is a very caring man. My parents have been seeing him for years. He is always concerned with their health issues. When my dad had a heart attack, he was very prompt in coming to the hospital. He checked on him many times through the day which is unusual for a Dr. We even saw him in the mall one day and he walked up and asked my mom how he was doing and knew his name.. very impressed. He knows what he is doing. I'm not worried at all with him as their Dr.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Syed A Abbas - Posted on March 12th, 2012
Dr. Abbas is a very caring physician. He pays attention to details, medication changes, and lab work. Dr Abbas is very busy and is efficient with his time management, if you need more than the alloted time it is given, so while you wonder why he isnt in your room think of the close attention to your own health care. Awesome dr. and wonderful staff. if others say their rude its because they are paying attention to the needs of their patients so others do not have to wait any longer. 5 stars!!!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
36 Years Experience
King Edward Medical University
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Syed A Abbas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- Community Care PCC
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Syed A Abbas
In his free time, Dr. Abbas enjoys skiing, traveling, biking and rollerblading.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Syed A Abbas, MD - Cardiology in Oklahoma City, OK, in this video.
Dr. Syed A Abbas is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Oklahoma City, OK.