The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Syed H Abid
Dr. Syed H Abid, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Petersburg, FL. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Oncology. Dr. Abid is affiliated with Northside Hospital & Heart Institute, St Petersburg General Hospital and Morton Plant Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Syed H Abid has the following 1 specialty
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
Dr. Syed H Abid has the following 15 expertise
- Cancerous Tumor
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Lung Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Blood Transfusion
Dr. Abid is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. Syed H Abid accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPINELLAS HEMATOLOGY AND ONCOLOGY, 5000 Park St N Ste 1017, Saint Petersburg, FL
Dr. Syed H Abid is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Saint Petersburg, FL.