Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Syed Z Ahsan has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Syed Z Ahsan has the following 13 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Syed Z Ahsan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 7
Self-verified patient of Dr. Syed Z Ahsan - Posted on October 19th, 2017
If you care about your child, don't bring them to see this callous, arrogant man; he doesn't care, he just wants you out of his office. His angry "blame the patient" attitude actually hurt my child. He wildly swung from decency to insulting, from selective mutism to schizophrenia. He insulted my kid, who was desperate for his help, and then refused to treat her. My child was treated like crap and refused treatment. She has aspergers. He said "Look at her...in her own little world!" in such a mocking way. I wouldn't take a depressed goldfish to him. As a result of his refusal to help my child, we lost our home. YES, I'm serious.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Syed Z Ahsan - Posted on May 27th, 2016
Absolutely horrible at scheduling appointments at reasonable intervals. Will let patients on new medication go for months before seeing them again, and it is impossible to schedule appointments for concerning situations. Follows "checklist" of medications and pays little attention to individuals. Arrogant bedside manner.
Dr. Ahsan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Sindh Medical College
Graduated in 1983
Lincoln Medical And Mental Health Center
Dr. Syed Z Ahsan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsCOLONIAL SERVICES BOARD, 1657 Merrimac Trl, Williamsburg, VA
Dr. Syed Z Ahsan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Williamsburg, VA.