Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Syed Akbarullah
Dr. Syed Akbarullah, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Henderson, NV. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Akbarullah is affiliated with St Rose Dominican Hospital - Siena Campus and Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Syed Akbarullah has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chest Infection
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Sleep Disorders
- Pulmonary Function Test
Showing 5 of 14
The wait time for my first appointment with Dr. A was nearly 3 hours! Once he came in, he shook my hand then typed while he was asking me questions and only looked at me twice. He was abrupt, made me feel like he was rushing me, and ordered a sleep study followed by a CPAP study three weeks later. No follow-up from his office for either one. I had to call and after 4 left messages each time after each study, I gave up. I'll probably have to go to the ER before I hear anything from his ofc. Where is the investement a physician has in his patient here? Thank you
I am a current patient of Dr. Akbarullah and I like him, however......It is next to impossible to reach any of his offices to make an appointment, AND it is Impossible to leave a message. I was just seen by Dr. in the hospital and my cardiologist had originally referred me to him, BUT again.....I need to reach him for after hospital care and cannot reach him or his office, I don't know why his OFFICE PHONE DOES NOT WORK. So IF you can get through, he is a good doctor, but the working word here is IF!!!!!
Dr. Akbarullah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Finch University Of Health Sciences
Dr. Syed Akbarullah accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Value Network HMO NV Only
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway X HMO Ind Direct Access
- Anthem PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Nevada PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
One Health Network
- One Health Network
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence S NV - Universal Health Network PPO Employer
- Prominence Southern Nevada - HMO Employer Sponsored
- Sierra Health Southern Nevada PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPulmonary Associates, 4 Sunset Way Ste 3, Henderson, NV
Dr. Syed Akbarullah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Henderson, NV.