Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Syed M Amer MD
Dr. Syed M Amer has 2 locations
Dr. Syed M Amer has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Syed M Amer has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 8
Self-verified patient of Dr. Syed M Amer - Posted on February 4th, 2015
Honestly, I wouldn't know if Dr. Amer is a good doctor or not. My daughter is 4 years old. She has been one of his patients for 4 years, and we have NEVER seen him. Not one time. I wouldn't know him if he walked up to me. Once I asked the lady that works in the front if I could see him, and she was very rude and said he had multiple practices and that it would take a long time before we could see him. I will be moving my daughter somewhere else ASAP!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Syed M Amer - Posted on January 15th, 2015
Dr. Amer has been my children's doctor for almost 15 years and I would never think of taking them anywhere else. He always remembers the kids names, and always makes us feel like we are important! My oldest had breathing problems as a infant and he is the only doctor in this area that could give me a proper diagnosis. He is great doctor!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Syed M Amer - Posted on September 10th, 2014
Dr. Syed Amer
Self-verified patient of Dr. Syed M Amer - Posted on December 27th, 2013
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2010, 2009, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Amer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 1989
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center
Dr. Syed M Amer Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Knoxville PPOx
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Syed M Amer is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lenoir City, TN.