Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Syed O Hasan has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Syed O Hasan has the following 12 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Syed O Hasan has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Syed O Hasan is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I think mentally, this guy was all over the place. First he told me I was fine, then as I was leaving he called me back and said "let;s do an upper GI, just to be sure". I had the test done and when I woke up, a nurse gave me a paper and said I had Barret's esophogous, what ever that is, and to come back in 2 weeks to see the dr. I made the appointment, got there 15 mins early. When I signed in, I noticed the man in front of me was going to see the same dr. So, I should be right after him. This office has a couple of drs. The man in front of me was called back right away. 5-10 mins later, he checked out. So I am thinking, cool, I'm next. NOT!! I waited and watched person after person come in, check in and get called back. I asked and was told I was next. Again, people were coming into the office, checking in and being called back before me. When I asked again the receptionist just shrugged and said, you're next. So, I sat there and when they called the next person, I asked what exactly does "NEXT" mean? So, I was called next, and left to sit in a room for another 15 mins. The dr came in, said sorry, they were backed up. He told me I had H-pylori, he was giving me some medicine and I didn't need to return for a follow-up. no mention of the previous diagnosis or test results. Over 2 1/2 hours in this office I have taken all the medicine, am now in worse pain than before. I think he is a waste of air.
12 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Syed O Hasan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGi Associates Of Maryland, 3510 Old Washington Rd Ste 201, Waldorf, MD
Dr. Syed O Hasan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Waldorf, MD.