Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Syed T Shahab has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Syed T Shahab has the following 16 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Myocardial Infarction
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Blood Clot
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
Dr. Syed T Shahab is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I have been seeing Dr. Shahab for over 10 years. I trust him very much because he always gave me hope and worked hard to save my life on many occasions. He never gives up and always try to find solutions to help his patients. His staff are excellent and extremely patient oriented.
Dr. Shahab has an awful bedside manner and is completely unwilling to answer his patient's questions. He makes you feel very uneasy and uncomfortable for even speaking up. He comes off as a very narcisstic man who only cares about the money. I had a terrible experience with this physician and do not recommend him to anyone who wants to be taken care of.
Saved my spouse's life on two occasions when other (US Govt) physicians felt procedures were "too dangerous". Absolutely dedicated to the patient and providing the best professional care possible. I have spent over ten years in direct daily contact with physicians in US Military facilities in combat and in garrison and rate Dr Shahab among the very best I have known. Always available and always ready to follow up he is remarkable among doctors I have known in that he LISTENS as much as he talks.
Dr. Shahab is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 1983
Hurley Medical Center
Dr. Syed T Shahab accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsVascular Interventional Cardio, 6400 Arlington Blvd Ste 930, Falls Church, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Syed T Shahab in this video.
Dr. Syed T Shahab is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Falls Church, VA.