Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Syed M Shahkhan
Dr. Syed M Shahkhan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN, with other offices in Minneapolis, MN and Lake Elmo, MN . He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Neuromuscular Medicine, Clinical Neurophysiology, Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Shahkhan is affiliated with Fairview Range Medical Center, Mercy Hospital and Fairview Ridges Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Syed M Shahkhan has the following 4 specialties
- Neuromuscular Medicine
- Clinical Neurophysiology
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Syed M Shahkhan has the following 10 expertise
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Syed M Shahkhan has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Syed M Shahkhan is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
He is a nice man, does the normal, testing at every appt, I don't like that the clinic is very busy,so they don't seem to remember the last time they spoke with you, he doesn't even remember the last meds he prescribed to you, or what didn't work for you or did, I give him three stars only because he does take the time to make sure he goes through everything and makes sure I get all of the medications I need and all of the testing I need, however MS is so complicated. It can be frustrating road. If you call to ask a question the "medical secretary" will call you back not the doctor, your mri results, the medical secretary will also call you back and tell your results and then ask you to come in for a follow up. I don't like how they do things. in minnesota don't have many options its seems like you have Noran or Clinic of Neurology. I've been seeing him for a bit over a year and hoping seeing that we will be seeing progress. Id say, He is willing to help and refer if that makes any sense.
Dr. Shahkhan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Deccan College Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1998
University Of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Dr. Syed M Shahkhan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Medica Fairview and N Memorial Vantage
- Medica Ridgeview Comm Network
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Syed M Shahkhan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.