Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Syed O Tirmizi has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
Dr. Syed O Tirmizi has the following 9 expertise
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Dr. Syed O Tirmizi has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Tirmizi seems good enough, but his staff is some of the most unprofessional in the medical industry that I have dealt with. It was a very frustrating experience dealing with inaccurate information and zero follow up phone calls (when I was told they would). My worst experience is when his staff lied to my PCP by implying that I was at fault for not following up with them. Do not recommend.
Dr. Tirmizi is not a good doctor. I went into the hospital with a vestibular (ear and balance problem) issue and high blood pressure. At one point he said he would refer a neurolgoist but when I asked questions, he changed his mind and said forget about the neurologist. He ignored the ear issue and released me from the hospital with blood pressure of 171/111. Besides being curt, he was demeaning and just did not care if I had a stroke or not. Don't put your life or health in this doctor's hands.
My experience was really bad....Staff is UNPROFESSIONAL,Dr.tirmizi spend 5 minutes in the examination room with me after waiting for 45 minutes in the waiting room. The office is unorganized there is paper everywere and open patient files for everyone to read :( I will NOT go back and i will NOT recommed this doctor to anybody.
30 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Syed O Tirmizi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
Locations & DirectionsLa Lung Doctor, 9808 Venice Blvd Ste 404, Culver City, CA
Dr. Syed O Tirmizi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Culver City, CA.