Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Syed Ali MD
Dr. Syed Ali, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lexington, KY, with other offices in Lexington, KY and Morehead, KY . He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Ali is affiliated with SHRINERS HOSPITAL FOR CHILDREN, CENTRAL BAPTIST HOSPITAL and Lexington VA Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Syed Ali has 3 locations
222 Medical Cir
Morehead, KY 40351
Dr. Syed Ali has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Syed Ali has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Syed Ali is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Syed Ali - Posted on October 21st, 2012
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Ali is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
SHRINERS HOSPITAL FOR CHILDREN
Lexington VA Medical Center
Arh Regional Medical Center - Hazard
Hazard ARH 08222006 - 07312008
Whitesburg ARH 08012006 - 07312008
St Claire Medical Center
19 Years Experience
Rawalpindi Medical College
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Syed Ali Accepts the Following Insurance
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Syed Ali, MD - Anesthesiology in Lexington, KY, in this video.
Dr. Syed Ali is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lexington, KY.