3.2

Have you seen Dr. Sylvia L Garcia?

I love this office

It's exactly what I was looking for a staff and doctors who speak Spanish. Very kind and interested in my health. Recommended!!

Not a place for me!!

I have been with this group a few years & yet I have never been seen by Dr.Garcia but only a few times period!! . Last Nov.!! I have been given her P.A. 's which the latest Dr. Fuentes is lousy! She has no ppl skills, gives you no more than 5-10 min. & walks out of room w/o saying "I'm finished!" I must wait a month to get my test results!! I was last seen 4/26 & was told they found a solid liver mass & a CT scan is needed & with all the BS.. Time wasted!! I have had to call every week & no results. Only lies!!!! I am just now getting a CT Scan appt. (6/2/17) just this week for next Friday!! Over a month wait!!! Really with a solid liver mass near your gallbladder! My Insurance Co. was even lied to regarding a referral! They better hope it's not serious!!! Good luck if you decide to choose this place. Take a number! 😡😡😡

I like her

I like that Dr Garcia tries to improve your healthy lifestyle versus being "prescription-happy."

Dr Garcia listened carefully to my family's history of medical problems and thoroughly set up tests accordingly, following-up promptly on any test results needing special attention. I was impressed that she suggested changes to my lifestyle that would help me avoid needing prescriptions. I consider her my primary care doctor and would recommend her to others.

I love the website, staff and Dr. Garcia

Awsome

Love My Doctor been seeing her for 12years

I am very happy that I found such a caring and detailed doctor as Dr. Garcia.

In my older years I've seen many a doctors for many different ailments. Some doctors were good some ok and some soso. In my older age I found doctor Garcia and at first I was a bit cautious. But after a while she proved to be extremely professional and very well studied. Dr. Garcia was able to quickly diagnosed my problems that had long ago been ignored or not identified by my previous doctors. Now, I wouldn't go to anyone else but her. Yes, there is an issue of the wait time, but I know that it is well worth the wait.

Dr. Garcia, Thank you for such great care.

Great doctors are in high demand. The sometimes long wait time is acceptable because I get a fantastic doctor! Its no wonder that many doctors in the area ARE her patients. Regarding the wait time, I can understand that because when I bring in my mom, its a rather complicated set of issues, but yet, Dr. Garcia takes her time to make sure my mom is well. Regarding children, I know that she only sees children over 12 years old and that is probably why some people mistakenly think that she does not see children. I wouldn't trade Dr. Garcia for the world. Thank you.

Unreliable Practitioner

How can anybody comment "she is a great doctor and also treated my kids." Dr Garcia doesn't even treat children which leads me to believe that a majority of these comment are fake. For those of you complaining that the wait time is terrible, I could not agree more. Every time i've been to Dr. Garcia's it seems that they irresposibly overbook themselves to where the patients suffer. And from what i can tell with the experience i've had with Dr. Garcia, I have come to realize that some of the staff knows more than she does. I've asked her multiple questions about symptoms and conditions that, I have, to where she look at me with a dumbfounded face, and I've also asked those same questions to the staff members to where those staff members were able to elaborate more on the causes of my symptoms/conditions. To be completely honest the only reason I have taken so long to contact my insurance to switch MDs is, because of the knowledgeable, friendly staff, and front desk. This horrible experience with Dr Garcia has led me to believe that she hardly retained anything from Med School, and tries to book as many people as possible during the week day. Because there are several instances where I see the staff running around, and literally breaking their backs to see every patient. Not once have I seen them take breaks. This lady completely disregards the moral aspect of medicine and simply wants to fatten her pockets.

Dr. Garcia bought the practice of my previous ob/gyn, Dr. Wood, several years ago. While my first couple of appts with Dr. Garcia were pleasant enough, since then, I have grown increasingly unhappy. While I make an appt with Dr. Garcia, I am been seen by a different physician. I have avoided an HMO for precisely that reason--that I want consistency with the doctor I choose. It appears that she is more involved with her medical aesthetics business. There are ads and pamphlets everywhere for Botox, etc. This just does not seem appropriate to me.

Once I actually met the doctor (my first few visits were with the nurse practitioner) I was surprised how nice she was considering how rude the staff is. The doctor and her nurses are smart, quick, and to the point. However the staff completely falls short and reflects badly on the practice as a whole. They never call back with test results, always have the wrong info about me, no matter how many times I tell them (names misspelled, wrong prescription, wrong pharmacy, wrong address, etc. They even had on my records that I had 3 children even though I've never been pregnant!!), and are very rude. The tv in the waiting room is loud and they always have trashy shows on. The bathroom was dingy and falling apart. When my husband called to complain about the treatment I received he spoke to the administrator and he said, "Listen, I'm married too and I know when my wife is upset she can exaggerate and over react." insinuating that's what I was doing. I had arrived to my appointment late and was in tremendous pain crying in the waiting room. They told me I could either go home or wait, but they didn't know how long it would be before I could see the doctor. After the fact i learned the doctor wasn't even in that day. It has been over two months and they are still dragging their feet. Getting any information from them is nearly impossible. I don't know if they are lazy, stupid, or both. As soon as I get my test results I AM NEVER GOING BACK. I work in the medical industry and if I ever treated patients they way they have continuously treated me, I wouldn't have a job.

Unavailable

Good luck getting into contact with Dr. Garcia's family practice. It seems they're open three days a week,and when the office is open, they're unresponsive to your needs. Also, plan on waiting 45min to an hour to be seen, and when you are seen, don't expect the doctor to spend more than 10 minutes with you. Oh, and don't expect that you'll even see Dr. Garcia. I had an appointment and a sub doctor took her place without prior notification. She spreads herself thin, and if you want quality care, don't choose Dr. Garcia.

Dr. Sylvia L Garcia is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Whittier, CA.

Dr. Sylvia L Garcia Is this you?