Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sylvia P Preciado
Dr. Sylvia P Preciado, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pasadena, CA. She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Preciado is affiliated with Huntington Hospital and Methodist Hospital Southern Ca. Dr. Preciado has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Sylvia P Preciado has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Sylvia P Preciado has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Sylvia P Preciado has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 30
I have been Dr. Preciado's patient for 13 years and always feel well taken care of. The biggest nuisance is the wait time, which can be up to 45 minutes and even an hour, if you include the time in the exam room before she gets in to see you. She is also not always good about calling about the results of tests. She is, however, thorough and proactive in diagnosis and finding a solution. She is a good listener and offers a healthy dose of positive advice delivered with the best bedside manners.
I am speaking for my elderly mother who has recently under gone a major surgery. The surgeon ordered particular test to be performed by Dr. Preciado, that were not followed and my mother is now hosptitalized. After my mother surgery she was discharged to Dr. Preciado for care, she never returned phone calls, never once went to visit my mother in the convalesant home where she was recovering from her surgery but sent another physician from her office, that never did examine my mother. It took several calls to her office to get an ultra sound performed for a deep hematoma, that could of ended badly. In all I think in the past has been a good physician for my mother but whatever is going on in her life she needs to get a handle on it - so that patients can have the care they need.
Love Dr Preciado's interest in me and my health, her optimism. She is nonjudgmental, but supportive of positive change. She orders tests that are appropriate, but does not over-test with reckless it's-not-my-money abandon.I've always been able to get in quickly on the very rare occasions when I have something acute happening, or when I just don't feel "right" and it's making me nervous. Or when I just need an answer about something, I can talk to a patient, helpful nurse who, if he/she says he is going to talk to the doctor and call me back, actually does so. I know enough to call ahead for my annual physical.My one constructive criticism is that follow-up on test results is not always automatic. My mom's doc sends out a letter detailing all of her results on paper; I need to call in to get a verbal report. This year at my annual I'm going to request a written report and see what happens.Overall, Dr. Preciado is a rare find and I'm grateful to receive the level of care she provides.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Preciado is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Huntington Memorial Hospital
Dr. Sylvia P Preciado accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSylvia Preciado Md Inc, 301 S Fair Oaks Ave Ste 201, Pasadena, CA
Dr. Sylvia P Preciado is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pasadena, CA.