Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sylvie M Epelbaum has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I went to this doc despite the negative comments because she was the only one in my area that could see me the next day as an emergency (and I'm a new patient, too!) She must've read the feedback she gets on these websites because she thoroughly answered any questions I had and then asked at least three different times whether I had any more questions. She also diagnosed the problem immediately and was very positive about the recovery, smiled a lot and reassured me that everything will be quickly healed following treatment. I highly recommend her!
I had read mixed reviews of Dr Sylvia (Her brother Gerard is an excellent dentist as well:) but decided to seek a consultation for a lingering skin condition that never responded well to other Dr's attempts. Anyway, after first seeing the rash, she recognized it right away (I've had the condition for almost three years!), presribed some med. and after about 5-10 min I was done. However the medication worked well and the rash completely disappeared! There are those who complain that she 'doesn't spend enough time...' however my previous Dr's did and the result was not good. I would recommend Dr Sylvia Epelbaum to anyone except someone that is seeking a 'spa' experience. She is a great Dr and doesn't waste time on 'idle chit chat'. The prescribed treatments speak for themselves.
35 Years Experience
University Of Paris
Graduated in 1983
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Sylvie M Epelbaum accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMount Sinai Dermatology Associates, 30 E 40th St Rm 906, New York, NY
Dr. Sylvie M Epelbaum is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.