Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Tadao P Fujiwara
Dr. Tadao P Fujiwara, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA, with another office in Los Angeles, CA. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Fujiwara is affiliated with Pacific Alliance Medical Center, California Hospital Medical Center and Good Samaritan Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Tadao P Fujiwara has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 23
Not a very good experience here. First of all, although the staff is very nice, they are incompetent. I must have visited this doctor on 3 occasions, but he was never around, even though I specifically made an appt to see him. I understand, if you are using your nurse practitioners to draw blood and go over results...that's fine. But at least stick your head in and introduce yourself would be a professional gesture. I never saw this man's face. On top of that, the staff charged me $0.25 per page for my blood test result...which is fine. But when I gave them a $5 bill, they couldn't break it. They were running around the office for 5 mins before telling me to go get change at the pharmacy store outside. What?! How about just letting me have the 3 pages for free, people?? But instead, I had to go downstairs to an adjacent building to get change since nobody could break the $5 bill for the 0.75 cents they wanted to charge me for 3 sheets of paper. On top of all this, I specifically asked for an additional test to see what blood type I was. I clearly remember the nurse practitioner writing that down and getting an extra vial of blood for that test. Guess what? When I came in for my test results, a second nurse practitioner said that was never requested. Horrible experience. Incompetent staff...and never present doctor.
This was our first visit, we filled out the necessary paperwork and sat down. About 15 min later the office manager calls me up because the Dr. had been called in to an emergency and couldn't make it. She said she could "squeeze" us in the following morning at 9:15. We arrive at 9:10, the office is closed, I call the office, goes directly to the exchange and they tell me they should be in within the next 5 min. 20 min later the office manager is finally opening the door. We go in, sign in, pay my co-pay and have a seat. They call us in about 10 min later (we are now about 30 min past our appt time). We are seated in the exam room and told the Dr. will be in shortly, which is completely believable since there is NOBODY else in the office. About 20 min later we are still waiting for him to come in. I go out and ask how much longer it will be, she goes to the back, comes out and says he'll be in within a few min. 5 min later, nothing. The office manager comes in and says he'll be in shortly, and I ask her why she gave us an appt for a time when their office isn't even open, she apologized and said she was running "late". Another 5 min pass, still no Dr., I go out and tell them we are leaving this is ridiculous. Then I ask, is the Dr. even here? The office manager says, he is in his car, on his way to the office! It is now past 10, our appt was at 9:15 (she "squeezed" us in) and he's not even physically in the office?! I was livid! Sidenote: This appt was for my 5 year old daughter, when filling out the paperwork they ask for her social security number, I left it blank. I felt there is no reason for them to have that information. The office manager insisted they needed it because of insurance purposes (even though she has her own insurance card, which I gave to them).
If you want concrete diagnosis, go elsewhere.
Dr. Fujiwara is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Universidad Popular Autonoma De Puebla
Graduated in 1972
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Dr. Tadao P Fujiwara accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Tadao P Fujiwara in this video.
Dr. Tadao P Fujiwara is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.