Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Tahmina Aafreen
Dr. Tahmina Aafreen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sacramento, CA, with another office in Watertown, WI. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Aafreen is affiliated with Seton Medical Ctr, Riverview Hospital and UWHP Watertown Regional Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Tahmina Aafreen has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
Excellent doctor. One of the best in her field. Highly knowledgeable. Truly cares about her patients. She is the reason my son was born alive. She also was able to find and address a postpartum issue that no one else was able to figure out. Has gone out of her way multiple times to make sure I got the care I needed.
Dr. Aafreen took care of me through my complicated pregnancy. She made that scary experience so much better. I found her to be compassionate and easy to talk to. And she never dismissed my concerns or worries. She worked with me and was there for me every step of the way. I feel so grateful that she was my doctor!
Had her as a doctor from the very beginning of my pregnancy to the birth, as most of you know this means I saw her a lot, never once did she remember who I was much less my name, she ran several tests 4+ times because she had forgotten she had ran them already at my previous apts and some tests were run several months later than they should have been. Overall she seems to be a good doctor just really needs to work on her bedside manor and actually caring about her patients instead of just seeing them as work.
Dr. Aafreen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Seton Medical Ctr
UWHP Watertown Regional Medical Center
South Austin Medical Center Inc.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
21 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Dr. Tahmina Aafreen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Tahmina Aafreen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.