Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Taiya Shevelev has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Laser Surgery
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 34
The doctor seems to schedule multiple patients for the same time and make them wait their turn to be seen. Sometimes it can be 30-40 minutes. She spends very little time with the patient. During this time, she does what she needs to. However, she is in such hurry that she doesn't make the patient comfortable enough to share what's really boring them. On top of that, the doctor does not seem very confident. I am going to another doctor next time. Definitely not recommending to friends.
Courtesy of staff: the receptionist is fairly nice. That is all I can say positive. The rest of the staff is rude and treats you like a burden.I frequently waited over 45 min. for appointments and was talked to in a very annoyed manner by the staf when I asked how much longer I would have to wait. This was especially annoying because I usually come during my lunch break and have to be back at work at a certain time.***I was over billed for procedures I repeatedly asked not to be done because my insurance would not cover them and I had to pay out of pocket each time :(The doctor doesn't spend much time answering your questions either. Overall I have been to much better offices
Every time I come for an appointment, I get a feeling that I am a burden and every minute spent on me is just a waist of the Dr's precious time :-( It feels really bad that Dr. Shevelev never spent more then 10 min on me even if I was the only patient in the office! And I always leave with my questions unanswered... Last time I was prescribed the Mediterainean diet which I didn't know anything about, so when I asked what kind of diet it is, she just said "Google it". Well, then I can google my diagnosis and the meds- why do I need the doctor at all?Also, my labs were lost and if I didn't ask I would have been sent home with the words "Don't worry, you are just fine!" The labs showed a different picture, my testosterone is 3 times the normal measurement, so I was prescribed the birth control but wasn't explained how is it supposed to work???????? How does the progesterone pill interact with testosterone to reduce it? I haven't found a word about it in the Medical literature so I just want more info from my doctor. I was choosing her, thinking she will be my obstetrician when the time comes to have a baby, but now I don't know...
21 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Taiya Shevelev accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorthwest Ob/Gyn Consulting, 201 E Strong St Ste 9, Wheeling, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Taiya Shevelev in this video.
Dr. Taiya Shevelev is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wheeling, IL.