Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Talha H Imam has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Talha H Imam has the following 7 expertise
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Biopsy
Dr. Talha H Imam is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I saw him recently in clinic for first time aftet getting disappointed with 3 other nephrologists. He listened to me very carefully and explained to me in detail about the problem wirh my kidneys. He seemed very concerned and ordered many other tests to further look into my conditoon. He even called me back after a week. I give him high marks
I have only met with him once so far and have not talked with any other nephrologists about my condition yet. He was pretty bleak about my prognosis. I told him I understood the seriousness, but could recommend anything to keep me from going downhill faster and he said no. Nothing. I mean, really? I can smoke, pig out, and party hearty? I don't think he understood that I just want to stay healthy as long as possible. I was particularly put off by a cartoon in his office that read "a wife is cute when she is mute." Yeah, that made me feel comfortable....
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
Millions of Americans have some form of diabetes, and millions more cases are undiagnosed. To encourage more effective treatment and management, Bridges To Excellence® worked with diabetes experts to develop
Dr. Imam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1991
University Of Missouri-Columbia
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente Fontana Medical Center, 9961 Sierra Ave, Fontana, CA
Dr. Talha H Imam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fontana, CA.