Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Talmadge C Reeves has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Talmadge C Reeves has the following 13 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
Dr. Talmadge C Reeves has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
This guy and his wife/receptionist are a joke. He didn't take me seriously, he actually criticized my clothing which was the last of my concerns when I went to see him, and he shouted something highly inappropriate down the hall at me as I was leaving. Then later his receptionist/wife(?) was highly hostile toward my husband on the phone. She didn't know jack about billing or how to do her job and took it out on him. I ended up calling back and canceling my next appointment due to both of their attitudes and complete lack of professionalism. About a year later, I got a letter in mail from them. I suppose they hadn't removed me from their mailing list and sent out a general notice. It was something regarding Medicaid and Medicare and how such patients would be billed or that they just weren't accepting such patients anymore. Even the letter had a hostile tone and my husband agreed. The time I had gone to see him, I was on Medicare, so I can only assume that they hold discriminatory feelings toward people receiving such government assistance. They just generally seemed to have a classist air to them during my visit as though they only wanted to service the uber-wealthy. I get the feeling the doctor was TRYING to run me off after he met me. Now, keep in mind that I received Medicare due to a disability, but my husband and I actually lived in a nice neighborhood and my clothes were more than decent. I guess they just have the sort of client they prefer, and I wasn't it. So pretty much unless you can afford to bankroll a private psych for your pharmaceutical needs, then avoid these jerks. I honestly thought that due to his obvious feelings toward Medicare and Medicaid that he had gone out of business around the time Obamacare came into play, but I just saw his name online and realized he's still open. Avoid. Seriously, don't even waste your time or money. He's inappropriate, unprofessional, judgmental, rude, and most of all unhelpful.
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Talmadge C Reeves accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsMc Farlin & Reeves, 233 W Main St, Salisbury, MD
Dr. Talmadge C Reeves is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salisbury, MD.