Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Tamara Aloyan
Dr. Tamara Aloyan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. She has 39 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Aloyan is affiliated with Southern California Hospital At Hollywood. Dr. Aloyan has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Tamara Aloyan has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
Showing 5 of 15
My daughter visited this office for a prescription. I have no complaint about the doctor. However, the office staff is an embarrassment to the medical profession. There is a woman in the office who does the billing named Nellie. She doesn't understand how billing works, and as a result, she overcharged my daughter. She insisted my daughter had to pay a considerable amount of money before entering the office, which wasn't true. My husband called and gave her our insurance and explained that we have a co-pay, but she insisted that we pay a few hundred dollars -- and she would not let my daughter see the doctor until we paid. It was an urgent medical situation for my daughter, so we didn't have time to have her go somewhere else. It took several phone calls to straighten out the mess. During the course of a conversation, Nellie screamed at me and told me she was a lawyer, so if I ever said anything negative about the office she would take action against me. STAY AWAY FROM THIS OFFICE
Dr. Aloyan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Yerevan University Of Traditional Medicine
Graduated in 1979
University Of Kansas At Wichita
Dr. Tamara Aloyan accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTamara Aloyan Md, 5000 W Sunset Blvd Ste 600, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Tamara Aloyan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.