Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Tamara Z Maher
Dr. Tamara Z Maher, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Los Alamitos, CA. She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Adult Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Maher is affiliated with Lakewood Regional Medical Center. Dr. Maher has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Tamara Z Maher has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Medicine
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
my experience with her, was very upsetting The first few visits, were really not too bad As I was a new patient, and of course You need to build a working relationship Then I noticed that she would become abrupt, rude at times It hurt my feelings But I chalked it up to a bad day We all have them My last visit, I have never felt so horrible leaving a doctors office She was rude , abrupt, condescending I left feeling like I did something wrong She seemed irritated Seriously , I am 67 I don't feel like it is professional Or indeed ethical to treat another human being that way I'm sure she gets people she may not particularly like But I'm a human being. I am also a nurse I know it's tough But I will never go back
My family and I have been patients of Dr. Maher for several years. Her staff is outstanding and responsive to requests, appointments, medication refills, etc. Dr. Maher always spends time to examine and then explain each and every medical issue brought to her attention. I believe she is an exceptional doctor! I would and have recommended her to my family and friends.
I have been a patient of Dr Maher for many years. She and her office staff have been nothing but professional, caring and kind. I've never had any problems booking an appointment or had to wait more than 20 minutes to see her. Dr Maher has always been very informative and always direct with my treatment. I have never left her office without feeling that she took time with me, she cares about my health and only wants the best for me. I'm very happy with my doctor and wouldn't change for anything
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Maher is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Tamara Z Maher accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLakewood Ipa, 10861 Cherry St Ste 106, Los Alamitos, CA
Dr. Tamara Z Maher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Alamitos, CA.