Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Tamer S Ahmed MD
Dr. Tamer S Ahmed has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
Dr. Tamer S Ahmed has the following 9 expertise
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
Showing 5 of 8
Simply the best.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Tamer S Ahmed - Posted on November 19th, 2018
A Rare Gem!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Tamer S Ahmed - Posted on March 15th, 2018
Dr Ahmed is a true doctor who cares and is compassionate. The medical profession has changed so much from caring and wanting to heal a patient to becoming a money making business. He saved my daughter from going on dialysis. Word's can not describe what a blessing he has been to my daughter and family. I thank the good Lord for directing our steps to him and his awesome staff. Please if any one needs a nephrologist you must see him. He is a true doctor who's heart is for his patients.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Tamer S Ahmed - Posted on August 24th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Tamer S Ahmed - Posted on March 3rd, 2016
Hospital assigned physician
Self-verified patient of Dr. Tamer S Ahmed - Posted on December 2nd, 2015
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
23 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Tamer S Ahmed Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsMEDICAL ASSOCIATES OF BREVARD, 2200 W Eau Gallie Blvd Ste 202B, Melbourne, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Tamer S Ahmed, MD - Nephrology in Melbourne, FL, in this video.
Dr. Tamer S Ahmed is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Melbourne, FL.