Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Tamer Elbaz
Dr. Tamer Elbaz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with another office in New York, NY. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Interventional Pain Medicine, Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Elbaz is affiliated with St Lukes Cornwall Hospital, North Shore Lij Lenox Hill Hospital and Suny Downstate Medical Center. Dr. Elbaz has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Tamer Elbaz has the following 3 specialties
- Interventional Pain Medicine
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Tamer Elbaz has the following 5 expertise
- Percutaneous Diskectomy
- Cancer Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
Dr. Tamer Elbaz is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 42
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Elbaz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of Cairo
Graduated in 1996
Suny Downstate Medical Center
Dr. Tamer Elbaz accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
More about Dr. Tamer Elbaz
Dr. Tamer Elbaz is experienced in Pain Management and has been serving the New York area for more than 18 years. Dr. Elbaz is experienced in Interventional Pain Medicine, Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery ...
Locations & Directions
Dr. Tamer Elbaz is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.