Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tamer G Yacoub has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Weight Loss
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
Showing 5 of 12
When I got to the office there were 5 patients ahead of me in the waiting room, and 2 in the examination rooms. I was on time for my 3:30 apt, One patient said she had been waiting 1 hour and 20 minutes. Another patient had an appointment for 2:30 and she was still waiting. Another patient had an appointment for 3:15. Another patient came in for a 3:45 apt. When she heard us talking she went to the window to complain about the wait time, She was told that there were only 2 patients ahead of her A LIE !!! There were 7 patients ahead of her. At that point the secretary closed the window. The patient sitting next to me had an appointment for the same time as I did, I waited 75 minutes to see the doctor. He spent exactly 4 minutes with me. Every time I tried to speak, he spoke over me, so I gave up trying to talk to him. When I complained to the secretary that there was another patient scheduled for the same time as I was, She lied again and said the other patient's appointment had been changed. I will not be going to this office again. My Primary Care Physician does the same exam that he does.
I have been to Dr.Yacoub twice, and both times I felt very uneasy. He talks down to you, and truly makes you feel like everything you tell him is wrong. He also told me NOT to have my lab work done at Charlton because they do not do a good job, and that they are always wrong. Then I found out it's because he has shares in the lab you HAVE TO GO TO. That really upset me, because there is no need to talk about the other lab, which I have NEVER had problems with. He has a very cold demeanor.
rude. attempts to prescribe meds not associated with diabetes in addition to what me other doctorshave prescribed.takes tests for colestorol, high blood pressure etc and his results always are much higher than the doctors treating me for these conditions..he gets angry when i tell him a will check with my cardiologist before adding his druga to my treatment. i have taken my sugar leval outside his office and when i go in his nurse takes it and it is always much higher than my test says.always trying to add additional diabetic meds even though my test results are lower than required.bothers me that he tries and change the recomidations of other doctors cardiologist, rheumatologist etc.seems like he just wants to orescribe more and more pills even for things he is not treating me for.
Not willing to work with you.Just want your money.VERY VERY VERY RUDE.A regular visit for diabetes consists of a nurse checking your blood surgar which costs you $75 which you can do yourself for free but he doesn't allow that, of course.Then he will tell you that you need more meds (so he can make more money). Basiclly go to someone else and save yourself the trouble of even dealing with him
25 Years Experience
Ain Shams University
Graduated in 1993
Umass Memorial Healthcare
Dr. Tamer G Yacoub accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Tamer G Yacoub in this video.
Dr. Tamer G Yacoub is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Fall River, MA.