Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tami C Engel has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Tami C Engel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Rude at first due to hangups she has w/ meds my specialist prescribed. Admitted she didn't know enough about the meds to know why they were prescribed for my condition but told me she refused to prescribe one of them anyway. Refused to talk about holistic options I was considering after a decade of trying other meds with very little relief. Admitted she hadn't bothered to look at any of my records prior to our appt then charged anyway. Wasted nurses time trying 2 find someone else to do the job she refused. Only became nice and attempted to be helpful once her horrible attitude brought me to tears. At that point she did soften and try but the reality was that due to her choices she could do very little for me so to try to be my doctor and charge me anyway when it's clear there were so many conflicts of interest for her is simply unethical. At the point where she realized that she could not only do nothing but find no one to help me she should have cancelled my bill and called me to apologize for all the time I had wasted waiting for her appt.
19 Years Experience
Southern Illinois University
Graduated in 1999
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions701 N 1st St, Springfield, IL
Dr. Tami C Engel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, IL.