Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tamis M Bright has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Tamis M Bright has the following 15 expertise
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Weight Loss
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes, Type 2
Dr. Tamis M Bright is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Very quick to discard patients. She does not know the ethics and principles of what it means to be a physician. She belittles patients and takes pride in doing it in front of her medical students. Her personality has rubbed off on her residents. There is no need to belittle patients ad make them feel incompetent in their healthcare. As patients we know what we feel. There is no need for the mental anguish.
Dr Bright is very knowledgable about thyroid cancer and explains any questions I have throughly. One of your finest DR's at Texas Tech
32 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Dr. Tamis M Bright accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsTexas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso, 4800 Alberta Ave, El Paso, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Tamis M Bright in this video.
Dr. Tamis M Bright is similar to the following 3 Doctors near El Paso, TX.