Dr. Tammy C Dsouza Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Tammy C Dsouza?

NOT THE TYPE OF CARE ANYONE DESERVES

After reading these reviews I cannot agree more with the majority of them. I have been seeing this Dr. for about five years. I have been getting the same type of "retail style" and "blow off" treatment as well. It started about a year and a half ago with the same type of comments she says to other patients such as, "wow you just have too many issues" and "I have other patients to see", although I am there for a physical exam, which a Dr is suppose to not rush through it and address any issues the patient has and do a thorough exam, all of which she has not been doing. Also she does not follow up after sending you to a specialist, I have attempted to report back to her what happened and how things are going and she interrupts and says "we are not addressing that here and just going to let the specialist deal with it". It is a primary care physicians responsibility to have knowledge of and document this information. The worst experience I had was for a physical a few months ago where she made completely unethical and rude comments to me. I told her about some of the side effects I have gotten from some of the medication she prescribed and her response was "well maybe you need a brain scan to see what is going on" and laughed! Basically implying that I was nuts. Then I was point blank told I didn't love my child because I hadn't quit smoking yet, when I told her that was not true she proceeded to argue with me and kept saying, "No you don't, No you don't" all right in front of my child, which is a completely unethical thing to do! To boot I was never offered any help except for a script for chantix due to all the side effects I didn't want it and was not offered any other alternatives, nor was I given any handouts. I have been researching new physicians and will never go back again!

What a waste

I went in and had to wait a long time to be seen and then when she did see me she told me I had to get an xray. After a week I called back since I hadnt heard anything. I called and spoke to an extremely rude and still have not heard anything from the doctor. It was a waste.

dr d"souza is awesome

I have been a patient for three years, the doctor has listened and with her insight and recomendations and referrals to other good doctors, she saved my life. Cancer survivor, two years now because Dr D"Souza had the correct questions asked and answered. Thanks Doc!

I read the other reviews and I am shocked. I'm not even sure this is the same Dr. D'Souza! My wife and I have been seeing her as our family care Dr. for over 6 years now. Recently, after a Friday morning trip to the emergency room for my wife, we got a call from Dr. D'Souza on Sunday night. She was going on vacation the following week, but wanted to ensure my wife had some more tests run. This is not unusual for Dr. D'Souza. In our experience, she has always been professional, caring, and very thorough. Sometimes, we do have to wait for an appointment, or at the office for a visit, but, come on people, it's a Dr's. office! In our 6 years there, we have run into one or two people in the front office who didn't seem to hanldle stress well. I don't think this is that unusual. My wife and I are completely satisfied. If you are looking for a Dr. that will go above and beyond to ensure the highest level of medical treatment, Dr. D'Souza is for you.

really needs to listen to patients

I felt like I was extremely poorly treated. I came in for a very serious problem. I wanted to ask questions and ask opinions and alternate forms of treatment other then another bottle of pills and was completely ignored. I feel as if Dr. D'souza only is interested in delivering babies and not interested in helping a girl like me get the proper treatment. The things she said to me could have been read from the interenet as if she had no opinion of her own and is only interested in selling the next big drug. Excuse me for saying this but half the problem with the world today. Only treating the symptoms and not the cause and should I say overtreating the symptom? I will never go back to her.

The Last Straw

I wasn't pleased with any previous visits but hadn't made a change & decided on one last visit. The staff called with lab results & dangled a "bad news" but wouldn't tell me what it was & couldn't get me in for 5 days. Torture. On the day of visit, I waited an hour & had to ask front office several times "how long"? Finally, I was called back & saw the staff standing around a medical rep and the lunch he brought them. The aast was silent & just wld point which way , scale, table, "sit". She was displeased that I just wanted results & no vitals taken as I had been in a week before. Dr. D'Souza came in and said Happy New Year & it's been awhile but I had been in just 7 days prior. I said I wanted test results & she brought up irrelevant tests...she had no idea which test results to go over. Previous visits: long reception waits, long test result waits, Dr. has no prior history knowledge before entering room. Once she told me I was too young for breast cancer & waved off my concern of a lump. I'm 38. Total dissatisfaction. I'm the last of 3 friends to leave her office already. I DO NOT recommend!

Fed up and now speaking out for my rights as a patient

I have tolerated too many times this doctor telling me she needs to speed things up and move on to the next patient. I have experienced frustration by her telling me I have too many medical issues and her not listening when I try to tell her of my symptoms, frustrations, and limitations. I am constantly interrupted by her and she does not listen. I have even brought my "spouse" into the exam room to verify that it's not me that is failing in communication. This doctor has an awful "bedside manner" and it seems to be getting worse. It is never good when as patient, I have to say to her face that it is a hostile environment she is creating by not asking pertinent questions and hands on examining me and instead chooses to type her notes during the office visit. The entire exam time is focused on her typing her notes into the computer instead of actually examining me and asking me questions. I have received a few emails from the clinic in the last several months asking me for feedback on this provider, after a visit, and I can only report it my feedback is getting worse. I feel this is a "turn-style" practice of "get 'em in, get 'em out". The only reason I have tolerated it this long is because I have been soo mentally and physically stressed, and have given up on how to find an actual doctor who knows how to not only treat a patient's symptoms, but how to genuinely care for a patient beyond the dollar signs. It's soo easy for a doctor to bill insurance for an office exam and not have to account to anyone for spending the entire time just typing notes. It's about time patients stand up to their doctors and say- "you are expected to examine me, and discuss treatment options", not get paid a doctors fee to type notes the majority of the office visit. I am soo disgusted with my level of care by this provider, yet I don't know how to find a doctor who genuinely knows how to practice ethically, with a conscience of treating the person first, and the disease second, and the symptoms third.I do know first -hand that I can not recommend this Doctor based on my own experience and just having questioned her today on how she treated me interpersonally and professionally. It is only my intention to voice my experience with this provider and the staff at the front desk who are "less- than- friendly", and hope that no other patients experience the same inadequate treatment by this provider. I have been seeing Dr. D'Souza over a year and a half for several, long -term illnesses and have had at least a dozen or more visits, which the interaction has progressively worsened. It's not acceptable for a doctor to tell a patient that he/she has too many medical issues and that she(Dr D'Souza), needs to move on to the next patient. If I make an appointment with the staff and it is asked of me, the the nature of the visit, I, as the patient should reasonably expect that the appointment time offered is the time allotted to address the medical issues. A patient has a reasonable right to expect to have those issues addressed without being told that they have "too many issues and need to make another appointment". This review is not based on just a 5 or 6 visits. I am soo frustrated at the sub-par care I have received that I am now speaking out and I am going to research everything possible to ensure I get the level of care I deserve. Not only am I going to research a different doctor, I am going to try to do everything I can legally and ethically to hold this doctor accountable for her Oath as a doctor, and hope no one else is subjected to this "Retail- Style" of treatment.i will be looking at creating a blog in the very near future as I am fed up with doctors not being held accountable and simply collecting easy money from insurance without treating patients properly. You can search for my blog in the next couple weeks by checking back on this site as I begin my research on this topic!

Dr. Tammy C Dsouza is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winter Haven, FL.