Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tamre B Mcclelland has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 41
Dr. McClelland takes an interest in all aspects of my medical problems. She's a whole picture Dr. She is very up-to-date on Medicare & what it covers & doesn't cover, as well as what & how often it covers various lab tests. She also keeps up with what's new in meds, problems with them & new treatments. I'm impressed with how thorough she is.
I have been going to her for 10+ yrs - She is always in a hurry! Very confusing ... does not always make sense because she talks so fast! Really have needed her to diagnose a problem recently - 4 weeks later, many visits, many tests - no diagnosis. On phone today she was going so fast to give me results of CT scan - I couldn't write fast enough! Then, she very impatiently said, "I have to go" and all but hung up on me. So, now I'm sitting here confused as to what to do next!! SHE DOES NOT LISTEN ... SHE TALKS.
I've kept her as my primary through her moving to new location, blaming office help then for referrals not being referred, test results sent on to referred doctors, and her receptionist being obnoxious. So why did I expect records being forwarded to new primary care doctor to be done after 1st request? Whoever heard of having to wait 30+ days after release paperwork was submitted to find out that no attempt to complete the request was done..... Dr McClelland is a caring doctor. She needs to replace her office people before they put her out of business.
30 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Dr. Tamre B Mcclelland accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTamre B Mcclelland Md, 1919 Oakwell Farms Pkwy Ste 125, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Tamre B Mcclelland is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.