Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tania E Cortas has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Tania E Cortas has the following 21 expertise
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma (CTCL)
- Skin Cancer
- Accelerated Phase Myeloid Leukemia
- Breast Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Colorectal Cancer
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Clinical Research
- Lung Cancer
Dr. Tania E Cortas has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Cortas is a great doctor and a very wonderful person. She not only treated me for my cancer, but spent time talking with my husband during my office visits to help ease his anxiety about my treatments. Her staff is always so very pleasant and the facility is very clean. Dr. Cortas is always ready for my list of questions (which I write down to not forget). She always tells me to call her directly if I have any issues or questions, not too many doctors are willing to answer patient calls anytime of the day or night, that is a great quality and makes me fell thankful to have someone like her watching my health.
Dr. Cortas and her staff checked on me after my treatments and appointments. They were/are always warm when I see them and they care about me and my family!
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
17 Years Experience
American University Of Beirut
Graduated in 2001
Case Western Reserve University/University Hospitals Case Medical Center
Dr. Tania E Cortas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Arizona Care Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Phoenix HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsArizona Oncology, 2222 E Highland Ave Ste 400, Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Tania E Cortas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.