Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Tania Gonzalez-Rivera
Dr. Tania Gonzalez-Rivera, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cherry Hill, NJ. She has 8 years of experience. Her specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Gonzalez-Rivera is affiliated with Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers. She speaks English.
Dr. Tania Gonzalez-Rivera has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Tania Gonzalez-Rivera has the following 4 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dr. Gonzalez-Rivera is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center
University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
8 Years Experience
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
University Of Puerto Rico
Dr. Tania Gonzalez-Rivera accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPenn Medicine Cherry Hill, 409 Marlton Pike E, Cherry Hill, NJ
Dr. Tania Gonzalez-Rivera is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cherry Hill, NJ.