Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tanja A Holsey has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 32
I like Dr. Holsey as a physician, and I felt like she was thorough and thoughtful in her assessment & follow-up. However, every visit to her office took all afternoon. On my final visit to her office, after waiting 1.5 hours past my appointment time, with no ETA on when I might see her, I had to leave without seeing her. I informed the receptionist/office manager that I couldn't wait any longer (it was past 5pm at this point), as I had to pick up my children, and she didn't even act like she cared. There was no explanation given for why Dr. Holsey was so behind, and to add insult to injury, I was then billed for the visit. When I objected to paying for a visit without ever having seen the doctor, I was told it was a legitimate co-pay. To say I was frustrated is to put it mildly. While I felt her medical care was excellent, the way this was handled was both rude (office manager) and dishonest (insisting on payment for no service).
I don't like the wait when I go to my appointment. I don't like the wait when I have to have something called in. I don't know if it's scheduling problems or if she is just slow. When I'm with her, she doesn't seem to be slow. Also, I think I can come in a little less than I do so that I don't have as many claims that will eventually cause the insurance premium to rise.
I had seen Dr. Holsey for over 10 years. While she has great bedside manner, I have to wait....all day....when I schedule an appointment. If my appointment is scheduled for 10am, I won't get to actually see her (most days) until 1pm or sometimes even after. Not only that. She does't prescribe enough refills, causing you to have to make another (whole day appointment) with her. Even though I miss her bedside manner, I couldn't be happier to have changed. I love being able to get in and out of a doctors appointment instead of waiting there all day.
27 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center
Dr. Tanja A Holsey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGalen Medical Group, 1651 Gunbarrel Rd Ste 301, Chattanooga, TN
Dr. Tanja A Holsey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chattanooga, TN.