Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Tanveer N Ahmed
Dr. Tanveer N Ahmed, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oklahoma City, OK, with another office in Dallas, TX. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Ahmed is affiliated with St John Medical Center. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Tanveer N Ahmed has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.<br>These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
Dr. Tanveer N Ahmed has the following 10 expertise
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Angiographic Visualization
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Movement Disorders
- Chest Infection
Showing 1 of 6
Avoid this doctor at all cost! Worst experience ever!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Tanveer N Ahmed - Posted on August 5th, 2015
Dr. Ahmed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Tanveer N Ahmed accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Tanveer N Ahmed is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Oklahoma City, OK.